Wednesday 8 July 2009

Polish Food Anyone? Pani Solinska Review

Polish food is not something I've ever considered eating for no particular reason so when Jasmine decided we were getting lunch at her local Polish eatery, Pani Solinska, I was intrigued. The interior was bright and colourful with a swedish country feel. The black and white pictures on the wall are from originals of the family in the I and II World War which bring a familiar feeling of personality to the place. The gorgeous little flower vase filled with random flowers on top of a doily which was great touch!

The food was amazing! We had a breadcrumbed, grilled, folded pancake filled with mushroom and pickled cabbage which came with a huge plate of salads - potato, pickled cabbage & carrot and shredded beetroot, pickles and green salad leaves and tomatoes. I was already full.

We had decided to try each others main course. I ordered sausage and mash and Ja had the breadcrumbed steak with fried potato and salad. The mash was like nothing I had tried before - it was delicious! i want the recipe. The sausages weren't my favourite and came with a lot of grease but the fried onions were a perfect accompaniment to it all. Ja's breadcrumbed steak, like a schnitzel, was meaty and crumby and gooood and made me want to hop on a plane for Germany. The fried potato slices were good too.

I ordered a peach and apple juice which was novel and unbelievably tasty. I've seen it in supermarkets so, I'll be picking some of that up next time.

All in all a really pleasant atmosphere. The two girls who served us were friendly, prompt and scarce when necessary. The decor was to my taste to a T. I love bright colours, flowers and big photos of family. I would definately go again and I can now say I am a huge fan of Polish grub. Pani Solinska is higly recommended for good grub and hangover soaker-upper.







Ja hungover and looking GRRRREAT! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment